How to Stay Healthy During Flu Season
Flu season is peaking this month, so it’s extra important to try and stay healthy. Here are some quick preventative tips on how to get out of the season flu-free!
- Remember the importance of hand washing. Wash your hands often and with soap and water.
- Keep an alcohol based hand sanitizer with you for times soap and water is not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.Your hands spread germs to your face and mucus membranes allowing the virus to spread.
- If possible, try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- Frequently disinfect surfaces and objects that may be easily contaminated. This may include door knobs or sink handles.
- Get plenty of rest and eat right. Taking care of your body will keep you from running down your immune system.
If you do feel ill, it is recommended you stay home except to visit the doctor for at least 24 hours until symptoms subside. Remember to take advantage of the health clinic in your neighborhood. For more information on hours and other preventative measures, please visit olin.msu.edu.